Aloe veraAloe vera Watercolour© Eleanor Christopher
Asplenium scolopendriumHart's-tongue Watercolour© Eleanor Christopher
Zea mays (root system)Maize or Corn (root system) Watercolour© Eleanor Christopher
Zea maysMaize or Corn Watercolour© Eleanor Christopher
Species: Brassica oleracea | Variety: RedborKale Watercolour© Eleanor Christopher
Species: Paphiopedilum Variety: “King Arthur”Lady's or Slipper Orchid Watercolour© Eleanor Christopher
Award-winning Irish artist Eleanor Christopher is based in Edinburgh, Scotland and is a graduate of The Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh.
Eleanor's preferred media is watercolour and she enjoys fine detailed work, producing stunning botanical illustrations.
Her proximity to the iconic Rosslyn Chapel (featured in Dan Brown’s ‘Da Vinci Code’) has been the inspiration for The Rosslyn Stone Garden Collection ™ of botanical paintings, based on the mysterious stone carvings of plants within it, effectively producing a florilegium from stone!
Eleanor is currently working on a series depicting “The Forgotten Faces of Rosslyn ™” - the delightfully intriguing stone carvings of the mythical creatures found on the exterior of the 15th Century Chapel.
Eleanor also produces works in graphite, pen & ink in a variety of subjects.
- ~ Diploma in Botanical Illustration with Distinction from the world-class Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh, Scotland.
- ~ Received The Diana E. Carmichael Award for Outstanding Work in Botanical Illustration for The Rosslyn Stone Garden Collection ™
- ~ Received The Eve Bennett Award for 'Most Progress in the Subject of Botanical Illustration'
- ~ Is a member of the American Society of Botanical Artists (ASBA) and the Scottish Society of Botanical Artists (SSBA)
- ~ Awarded Silver-Gilt from BISCOT (Botanical Images Scotia)
- ~ Has exhibited her paintings widely with The South Tipperary Art Group (Ireland) and others.
- ~ Has enjoyed teaching watercolour technique to adult groups.
Eleanor Christopher B.Sc., Dip. B.I.(dist.), ASBA, SSBA