Offered byRogério Lupo
In the classes, we will:
• Explore the physical aspects of colored
pencils in their dry modality (without solvents) and how to obtain the best
• Understand the importance of choosing
the best paper’s texture for our own individual style and of maintaining our
pencils always sharp.
• Learn to work softly and gradually to
capture the correct contrast and precise strength of light and shade, and also
avoid damaging the paper.
• Examine the use of the colorless blender
and discover the advantage of lighter colors overlapping darker ones.
• Comprehend the importance of planning
which should be the first and last color in the layering sequence, and how
different is the resultant color depending on the order of layering.
• Experiment with a simplified and
summarized take on the color theory, through a visual rather than a conceptual
understanding of the relationships between colors.
• Approach and represent colors by
detecting first their general aspects regarding temperature, vibrance, and
position in the color wheel.
• Assess the convenience of using colored
or toned papers and understand how they participate in the color
• Explore methods to detect, represent and match multiple colors appearing on every subject with all their subtle variations.
Six 3-hour classes on Wednesdays, from 9 am to 12:15 pm GMT/UTC
FormatCritique, Demonstration, Discussion, Lecture
FeeUSD 244 for registrants of the introductory lecture, or USD 288 for non-registrants, but earning access to the recording of the lecture.